Searching our interactive map is simple, anyone can do it. Our sale types are listed in the key on the map, which can be tailored to show the specific types of sales you are looking for, including flea markets, auctions, local thrift stores, and antique shops. You can search sales by keyword, city, state, or zip code. Adjust the radius feature and see all the sales in that specific zone. Each listing will have all the relevant information for that sale. Day, time, location and inventory photographs, as well as any relevant information regarding that sale.
Sale events are available for the public to attend. No account necessary, however some user features like ticket bookings will require a user account. Each seller may have different terms and conditions, rules, and procedures for that specific sale, so be sure to read the listing in full including the terms & conditions section.
Attending sale events is fun and open to the public. We love these sales as much as you do. As a customer at a sale it is up to you to make sure you follow the rules of the sale, arrive on time and within the hours spcified, be respectful of the hosts, the inventory and property, and obey the law. A sale host has total discretion at the sale and may ask you to leave the sale if you are not acting within their parameters.
Advertising your sale on ProfessorPicker.com is a great way to maximize exposure, increase buyer turnout, and potentially increase your profit. We advertise and promote an array of sale listing types expanding your pool of prospective customers.
To advertise your sale on ProfessorPicker.com please create a user account. We have user accounts for individuals and professional companies.
Select the type of sale you are conducting. Filling out the listing form includes all the pertinent information such as address, dates, time, photographs etc. You can control the time the address becomes visible to the public by using our custom address timer built into the listing. An optional feature but we recommend it as it keeps your inventory and property safe.
When filling out the description section on the listing form be as detailed as possible, in order to paint a clear picture for your prospective customers. Using “Keywords” helps our system find your sale when a user searches specific terms, for example, “antiques”, “baby clothes”, “records”, “furniture” etc. The easier it is for buyers to find your sale and connect with your inventory, the more likely it is they will attend the sale.
Uploading clear and visually descriptive photographs of the items you are selling is highly recommended. Group similar items together and take individual photos of the more noteworthy items you have for sale. Take clear, easily definable photographs and avoid, blurry, out of focus, cluttered images.
If you are expecting a large turnout and in need of automated door lists bookings and ticket distribution, we have created a streamlined feature for you to embed the door list into the sale listing itself.
No more wasted time waiting aimlessly for a door list to materialize. Don't make your customers wait, keep your property and inventory safe, and keep the neighbors happy with no early birds cluttering the streets. Generate the door list when you're crafting your sale ad and embed it into the listing. Attendees can claim their spot in line without having to leave home. Our Online Virtual Queueing System and Ticket Generator is a state of the art, time saving feature useful to both sellers and buyers alike. You must be a registered user, with an account in good standing, to use this feature. When a sale listing is queue enabled you will see it highlighted in the ad header. Accessing the available door list can be done via the calendar on the top right of the ad. Door lists are time sensitive and a host can set the time they want the door list to go live to the public. Click on the day you'd like to attend, make sure the door list is active/live, and claim your spot. Already reserved tickets will be highlighted as such. Click on the available slot you are interested in, follow the confirmation instructions and that is it. You will receive your day-of-sale ticket by email and text message so be sure your information is up to date and correct in your profile. It is mandatory to have a copy of this ticket (paper or electronic) on hand when entering the sale. Hosting estate sale company may scan the ticket specific QR code of each ticket and/or check identification as necessary. For More information about our Online Virtual Queueing System click here
1. One ticket per user account per every 59 minutes. This means once you reserve a ticket at one sale, you may not reserve another ticket for any other sale that starts within 59 minutes of the start time of your initial ticket reservation. No overlapping ticket reservations allowed.
2. Two ticket reservations per I.P. address to any sale. Meaning you can only reserve two tickets for one sale from any one I.P. address, useful for two account holders in a household.
3. Each ticket generated and distributed will contain the attendee’s information and is QR enabled, accessible on the backend master list available to the sale host. This information can be cross referenced by the sale host for integrity and fraudulent use.
4. A sale host may remove anyone from the list at their discretion. This can be done by accessing the master list attached to the sale listing, available through your user dashboard, under “My Listings”.
5. If you do not have a copy of your ticket on hand either in paper form or on your phone, the sale host can deny or delay your entry. You may be required to show ID to verify ticket holder information.
6. A sale host may not rearrange the order of the door list. Your reserved spot number is guaranteed (you must be present when your number is called).
7. An attendee with a ticket must be present at the time their number is called. If you are not present when called to enter the sale, the sale host may move on to the next attendee in line. The sale host controls the flow of entrance to the sale. If you disrupt the flow your entrance to the sale can be delayed or denied. We recommend arriving up to 30 minutes in advance of the sale start time.
8. We actively monitor the ticketing for malicious and fraudulent activity. Any user account found to be using our ticketing system for malicious use, fradulent use, and not in accordance with these rules can and will have their ProfessorPicker.com user account deleted. ProfessorPicker.com has the right to delete any account, at any time. If you are a sale host an found someone has abused the system please contact us.
Paper door lists and ticket numbers can be a hassle. You put the property and inventory at risk, early bird customers milling about, alarming the neighbors, and clogging side streets leading to the police being called. Door lists are a great way to organize and structure sale turn out, however, the old way of doing it is antiquated and inefficient. ProfessorPicker.com has streamlined the entire process, allowing you to customize your specific door list and ticketing needs online, embedded in your sale listing. You build the lists the way you want, we do the rest. We handle ticket generation and distribution based on your list configuration.
- Assign up to 200 day-of-sale tickets / spots in line.
- Each sale day can have its own unique door list configured the way you want.
- Each list can have its own specific start time, allowing you to control when the list goes live to the public. A countdown clock will appear on the listing page letting customers know when the list goes live.
- Tickets can be free or at fixed price, or any combination of free or fixed price. You have total control of the Master List. You can access the Master List under “My Listings” in your user dashboard. You are not able to rearrange the list once it goes live.
- We let the sale attendee know they have won their spot, alerting them through email and text. Our system generates the ticket and delivers it to the user, and they will receive a sales receipt (when applicable on fixed price ticket sales)
- You control the flow. You control how many people come in at a time and the speed of the line flow.
- Verifying the ticket can be done by scanning the QR code on the ticket with your phone. You can access the QR scanner in your user dashboard and it will cross refernce the matser list for ticket authenticity. If the ticket is fraudulent, the system will let you know.
- Once your sale is over you can easily transfer your ticket sales to your PayPal or bank account using our direct payment portal. Your will receive an itemized invoice of ticket sales. Transfers usually take less than 48 hours to complete. Generating a door list using the ProfessorPicker.com queueing system has a flat fee of $25 per list. No hidden fees, no per ticket fees. We do not offer refunds on tickets or once you've generated and paid for your door list.
Community or town-wide sales always generate a buzz and boost community cohesion. We have created a unique tool to help promote these types of sales. You can have one central location, or multiple locations/households scattered throughout the town, our system will cover it. Select the community sale listing type and you can input up to 25 physical addresses (per listing). Great for any neighborhood, non-profit, HOA, or chamber of commerce organizing a group sale event. Prospective customers can access the multipoint map on the sale listing page in the ProfessorPicker.com database and you can cross promote the listing on your social media outlets.
You love sales as much as we do. And you like going to a lot of them. Our map routing tool makes organizing the sales you want to attend simple. Find premium listings you want to attend, press the car icon in the header and it gets uploaded to a list which sorts the sales and creates the most efficient route for travel based on your location, and sale start time. You can add up to 12 sales happening on that day. This feature is only available on our mobile app so be sure to download it from the Google Play Store.
ProfessorPicker.com is a limited liability corporation located in Piermont, N.Y. Our goal is to provide you with a modern, streamlined, efficient advertising platform that enables potential customers to access sale information quickly and precisely, increasing sale turnout through maximum social media exposure and utilization of modern technology, and providing you with new tools and features to do so.
We ae passionate about the industry. We strongly believe sale event advertising can do, and should do, more for both the seller and buyer, and we are always creating new ways to facilitate streamlined interactions between both.
Central to the New York City metropolitan area we have access to the greatest minds and talent the industry has to offer. Our company is comprised of professionals from a variety of backgrounds such as web design and development, estate sale hosting, ecommerce, art history, antiques, and business management. We have over 35 years of combined coast to coast experience in the industry.
We love estate sales, flea markets, garage sales as much as you do, and it shows. Don’t be surprised if you see one of our staff at your next sale. Be sure to say hi!
We’re ProfessorPicker.com, the best online resource for the resale industry. Join the Professor Picker family and you’ll see why.
We do not offer refunds on ticket sales or once you’ve generated a door list using our system. Any ticket fee refunds will be done at the discretion of the sale host. ProfessorPicker.com does not collect your ticket fee and we are not responsible for any refund requests attached to it.
We do not offer refunds on sale listings. Once you pay and post your sale listing no refunds will be given. You can delete all, or edit portions, of your listing at any time.